Saturday 16 March 2013

A Day Of Knitting

Before we start, have a nice picture of a flower.


It's a bulb in a glass pot that I got for Christmas and it just flowered this week. I'm showing you this so that those of you who are stash sensitive can meditate on this flower if you need it.

Are you ready? Here we go.


This is my wool stash. I'm quite ashamed of it, but at least I have the excuse that I wasn't in my right mind when I bought it. I had a bit of an episode and was high as a kite a couple of years ago and ended up buying everything you see before you. Now I just have the challenge of using it. Most of it is stuff I can't see myself wearing but my new rule is that I have to use at least twice as much from my stash as I buy new.


Included in my stash is about 8kg (over 17lbs) of baby wool in 8 different colours. I don't have a baby. I'm not planning to have a baby for a long time.



Just over 2kg (4.5lbs) of hippy-ish wool from a charity shop. It isn't this bright in real life but I actually really like this wool. Plus it was nice and cheap.


3900g of weird fringe yarn and other similar ones, in a load of different colours, mostly pink and brown. I'm sure there's something I can do with it.


And about 2kg of random balls ranging from 30g to 500g that I can probably find interesting little projects for. There are some nice ones in this lot but some aren't as great.


I decided to get started immediately and handed a skein of my charity shop wool around the neck of my friend here to keep it neat and tidy. I found a nice simple scarf pattern on ravelry that you can find here and here that I started immediately.


I got quite a bit done but then made a mistake somewhere and had to undo it all. I got this much done before I settled in to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment