Tuesday 21 May 2013

Why I Haven't Been Sewing

I haven't been sewing for what feels like ages.

I've spent the last few days trying to catalog my fabric stash and the pile is now taller than I am. The rim of top box is at the level of my chin and I've still got a load of stuff to add. If it doesn't reach the ceiling I'll be surprised.

I have a problem when it comes to buying fabric. I buy without a clear plan in mind and sometimes get overcome by the idea that if some is good then more must obviously be better. I'm a hoarder at heart and struggle with letting things go.

I've decided to clean up because I might be getting a room mate soon in the form of my boyfriend. He'll be out on his ear at the end of the school year and it seemed like a workable solution. I'll just have to train him to put DVDs back in the right cases and we'll be set.

Normal crafting should resume soon. The spare room is becoming a workroom instead of a junk room so we can both use it and I'm planning to have a work space set up by June.

No comments:

Post a Comment