Sunday 30 June 2013

Forward Planning

How far ahead do you plan your sewing projects?

I have to admit, I have a tenancy to plan my sewing for about an hour before I start tracing the pattern and sometimes it really shows. I use the wrong fabric for the pattern, I don't think enough about how the finished garment will look or even if I'd ever be tempted to wear it.

My friends, that has seriously got to change.

I'm changing the way I plan and sew for the seasons. I'm going to be following the cycle set by the London fashion week, partly to get my inspired for planning and partly because it's a great reminder.

(source)

I'll be planning autumn and winter clothes for March to August and planning my pretty summer dresses from September to February, but at the same time sewing cold weather clothes starting in June and hot weather clothes starting in December.

I'm doing this so I have three months for my ideas to solidify before I start sewing them and even the last projects for the season will get some wear that year, despite my horrendously slow sewing.

I'd love to hear what you guys think. Will I get fed up with sewing clothes that I have to wait to wear? Would you try this?

No comments:

Post a Comment