Saturday 23 November 2013

My Most Useless Make Yet?

I made a pattern holder/wall hanging doodad!

I'm not quite sure why I did this. My mane trail of thought was that I could easily get stuck doing the same patterns over and over again because tracing them takes so long when I first want to make them. I figured if I made one new one every month then I'd have more and more ready traced patterns when I come to sew something nice and quick.

I made it completely with my overlocker because I couldn't be bothered to change the thread on my sewing machine but it turned out pretty good. There's one slot for each month of the year and at some point I'm going to get a wooden dowel (pole) and sew it into the top so I can hang it one the wall. Pretty good for a 1 evening make with no pattern.



3 comments:

  1. Anything that helps productivity is a good idea (in my world at least).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like this idea, all my patterns are stuffed away in a box. I might have to take a leaf out of your book and make a hanging :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll only be really useful when I get around to hanging it, though. :-P

      Delete