Thursday 12 November 2015

Patchwork

I spent a while hand sewing the hems on my brown dress until my eyes hurt. I think I'm going to get it finished tomorrow and be able to wear it a couple of times before it looks silly, being all autumnal and all.

The project as left me with a pile of quilting weight fabric scraps, though, and that's too good an opportunity to miss. I'm going to start collecting all the other scraps I end up with in future projects and make myself a patchwork blanket. I've gotten myself some templates and I'm liking the idea of making one made of squares and octagons.

My landlord thinks I'm getting old before my time...

3 comments:

  1. That's a good idea! I'm also saving my fabric scraps, but I don't know if I can commit to a real size quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of doing it when I'm away from home, like at my Grandparents where my mum does crocheting.

      Delete