Tuesday 8 December 2015

New Stash Page On The Blog

I had two fillings yesterday and just didn't feel like sewing. I still don't. I want to get the pattern adjustments for the weekend so I can try little brothers on him and see how well it worked. I don't know if I'm going to get a chance for another fitting on big brother.

I'm spending this non-sewing time watching more Mission Catwalk and cataloguing some of my sewing supplies and fabric. I seem to get sucked in by buying things in bulk, imagining all the savings and all the use I'm going to get out of it. When it goes right, like the £1 a meter white cotton, it goes really right, but when it goes wrong it goes really wrong, like the shifty black polyester pinstripe I tried to use to make a toile.


Firstly, a recent acquisition. I'm bashing my head on my sewing desk at the moment because I've just worked out this is over 150 meters of bias binding. It's in colours I use a lot but still... I'll be using some early next year because I'm going to be working on improving my finishes.


Now for thread. I got myself a big tray of different coloured threads when I first got back into sewing and haven't bought any since, which is a good thing, because I really don't need any more!


When I got that tray of thread I didn't take into account all the thread I already had. Some is from college, some is from sewing kits I was given as presents, and some (mostly the metallic ones) I bought for myself.


I stuck them all in a bucket that had halloween sweets in it. Now at least I know where they all are and I can go there first if I'm doing a toile or it doesn't matter if the thread is the right colour, like with sewing for the rats.


Next up, knicker elastic. I've never even made a pair of knickers! They're pretty, but it's ridiculous to just have these things lying around my flat.


And while I was cleaning up I found a little grow your own carrots kit that I got from Mum and Dad last Christmas! It's sitting on my windowsill now. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment